Wednesday, December 21, 2016

My tryst with history and Delhi roads

India gate seems to have seriously taken the history chapters unlike me .While going to my destination,I took Shershah road and while returning I saw Shahjahan road . Thoroughly confused if these two great rulers were same or different , I assumed the former thought and took the wrong road as expected !
After going kilometers ahead , I realized my history chapters knowledge was f* all.  I instantly learnt that Shershah and Shahjahan were different rulers and so are the roads that connect the India gate .I returned and waited for Shershah road to appear which I had conveniently left behind and being one way I would have to take the entire circumference . I moved slowly trying to remember my history chapters . I saw Akbar road but could not establish relation between Shershah and Shahjahan with Akbar so I decided to move ahead . I was looking for a much easier history makers name . Then I saw Ashoka road and I knew this one ruler was a cool one so this road would lead me to the road to my house ! And I did reach . 

No comments:

Post a Comment